If you have a donor-advised fund (DAF) sponsored by Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, BNY Mellon or Greater Kansas City CF, you can use the form below to donate to the Athens Conservancy. Your DAF sponsor will handle all the record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
To use the form:
- Select the sponsoring organization from the “Donate now from:” box.
- Enter “The Athens Conservancy” in the “Designation:” box, if not already filled in.
- Enter the amount (in dollars) you would like to recommend in the “Amount:” box.
- Click on the “NEXT” button to proceed to the sponsoring organization’s website to complete your donor-advised fund transaction.
Main Advantages of Donor-Advised Funds
Donor-advised funds provide a number of benefits that direct donations to a charity may not, including:
- Simplicity – The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility – Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax-efficiency– Contributions are tax-deductible, and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy – A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up costs – There is no cost to establish a donor advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more).**
- No transaction fees – Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to the qualified public charity of your choice.**
- Privacy if desired – Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
** Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by sponsoring organization.